We eat a lot of fruit in my house. Breakfast almost always starts with fresh fruit in some form, we eat is as snacks during the day, I bake with it and make desserts. I couldn’t imagine a day without fruit!
When we just moved back to the Netherlands a few months ago and my boyfriend did his Friday afternoon shopping at the local market, the salesman asked for how many people he was buying. Looking at the two huge bags in front of him, he was very surprised to hear that it’s just for the two of us!
He nicknamed him the ‘’Fruit man’’ and I gotta say it fits him well. He really is a fruit man and has been for most of his life.
We usually have a smoothie or a fruit salad in the morning or when it’s colder outside something warm such as oatmeal with fruit.
This strawberry coconut smoothie is made with fresh strawberries that I freeze overnight and coconut cream with a bit of frozen banana.
I’ve noticed a big difference in both taste and texture in smoothies when it comes to freezing time. I always freeze my fruit for at least 12 hours for the best results.
Strawberry coconut smoothie
This strawberry coconut smoothie is very easy to make. You just need 3 ingredients or 4 if you like it extra sweet.
1. Peel and cut the banana in slices.
2. Wash the strawberries and soak them for 10 minutes in a fruit & vegetable wash. I use an organic one that has a base of orange juice. This helps to clean your fruit and vegetables from chemicals etc.
I try to buy organic whenever possible, especially with fruit such as strawberries as they contain a lot of pesticides.
2. Freeze the banana and strawberries for at least 12 hours (or make sure to have a stash of frozen fruit in your freezer for whenever you need it)
You can use fresh strawberries without freezing them as well, but the smoothie will be a bit more liquid.
3. Blend the frozen fruit with the coconut milk.
4. Taste the smoothie and if you need more sweetness, blend in 3 pitted medjool dates.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase something. This is at no extra cost to you, but it helps me to keep this blog running.
I only link to products that I love, would use myself and have researched. Thank you for your support!
More smoothie recipes: